Monday 31 January 2011

Proud days once again!

I've just been doing some research today for our after school workshop on Wednesday, when i started thinking about how I feel I have learnt so much more from the young people. They just love art, its their favourite lesson and "the best thing they've ever done!" hehe. I love kids art more than any famous artist. I miss the days when I was a little girl and art was the best thing in the world, so lovely and free. When I started high school art felt more like hard work and I lost my passion, I became too much of a perfectionist that I was never satisfied with my work and always brought myself down. As soon as my work was being graded it never felt the same; its just seems wrong to give art a grade. I want to feel the days when I was truly proud of that felt tip drawing I did of the little mermaid! Hopefully the young people will teach me a thing or too. After all its the process that makes the art beautiful... so get messy and have some fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment